One of the main sections of your WordPress site is The Media Library. Here is where all of your media is stored — all of the files that you have uploaded unto your website be they for a page, post or simply as a file to brighten up your site. We will cover How To Use The Media Library In WordPress, and it will be split into three separate articles.
How to access The Media Library In WordPress
- To access The Media Library on WordPress, go to the left sidebar on your Dashboard and hover over Media after you have hovered your mouse over Media, select Library.
- Here You will see all the media that you have uploaded to the Library.
- You can upload documents such as PDF files, Images, Audio files and Video files.
- Any media uploaded in the past, including those from Posts and Pages, will be available in this list.
- You may use the past files in any future Post or Page.
Choosing how to view your media
- Use the bar at the top-left to decide on how to display your media files.
- You may choose from a list or grid display.
- The bar also gives you the option to sort your media by what type it is or by which date it was uploaded.
Benefits of using the grid view in your media library
- When in grid view, clicking a file will display a preview or information about the said file.
- You can also use the arrows on the upper right-hand corner to scroll through your files.
- This viewing type also allows you to edit your media’s information.
- Clicking the view attachment page will display a preview of your media files as a post on your website.
- Clicking ‘edit more details’ will take you to an alternative editing page.
Bulk deleting your media files
- You may remove your file by clicking on the delete permanently button.
- There is also the option to delete items in bulk by clicking ‘bulk select’ then choosing the files you wish to delete and clicking the ‘delete selected’ button.
When viewing images, there will be an edit image button located under the picture. This will take you to an image editor. We will cover this image editor in our next article on How To Use The Media Library In WordPress.
We are offering 2 hours of free search engine optimisation for your website and an analysis of your site’s performance. So contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get your free SEO and analysis today.